1.1 We take your privacy seriously. This Privacy Notice sets out details about your privacy rights and how we gather, use and share your personal information – including the personal information we already hold about you now and any further personal information we might collect about you, either from you or from a third party. How we use your personal information will depend on the services which we provide to you.
1.2 This Privacy Notice provides up to date information about how we use your personal information. We may make updates to this Privacy Notice from time to time, and we recommend that you review the current version of this Privacy Notice whenever possible. If we make any material changes to the manner in which we process and use your personal information, we may contact you to let you know about the change.
2 About Us
We are what is known as the ‘controller’ of the personal information which we gather and use. When we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this Privacy Notice, we mean Extrordinair Limited.
3 Your Privacy Rights
3.1 You have the right to object to how we use your personal information. You also have the right to see what personal information we hold about you. In addition, you can ask us to correct inaccuracies, delete or restrict personal information or to ask for some of your personal information to be provided to someone else.
3.2 You can make a complaint to us by e-mail or to the data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office, at https://ico.org.uk/.
4 What Kinds of Personal Information We Use
4.1 We use a variety of personal information depending on the services and facilities we deliver or provide to you.
4.2 We are governed by regulations from the Civil Aviation Authority and Department for Transport. In order to comply with these regulations, we need to collect and process certain personal data relating to you. This includes personal data to allow us to validate your identity. We also operate a CCTV system throughout the office, warehouses, and surroundings for security and operational reasons.
4.3 The personal information we may collect and use includes information given when you request services from us, for example quotations or if we process imports and exports on your behalf.
4.4 In delivering our services and providing our facilities, we may collect a variety of technical information, your name and contact details, car registration details, photographic identification and payment information.
5 How We Gather Your Personal Information
5.1 Directly from you, for example when you meet with one of our staff in person, speak to us on the telephone, email us, use our website or fill out a web form. From online public sources or public registers such as Companies House.
5.2 We also may obtain some personal information about you when you are visiting our premises.
- CCTV: we are required by law to implement and maintain an extensive CCTV system throughout the premises surrounding areas. This is primarily for reasons of public safety and for the prevention and detection of crime. Footage is handled in accordance with data protection laws, and in particular is only held for a limited period of time before it is automatically deleted.
- DFT/CAA: In order to provide some of our services and to comply with security regulations in some instances we will ask you for photographic ID a copy of which may be kept in your shipment file.
To keep your data secure and allow us to stay in contact with you, please let us know whenever your personal information changes. For example please let us know when get a new email address, so we can keep our records up to date. From time to time we may also check with you that we have the correct data so we can keep in touch with you.
6 How We Use Your Personal Information
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the services which you have requested, ordered or purchased from us, we will use (depending on the service): your name; title; email address; date of birth; residential address; nationality; postcode; telephone number; car registration and payment information. We collect this information for the purpose of processing the service you have requested from us.
- to enable compliance with aviation security regulations.
- we will use your payment information to allow for you to make payment to us where required in advance of the provision of any services which you have requested or purchased. We will share this information with third party payment processors where required for this purpose;
- Where you have agreed to receive marketing emails from us, we need to use your name and email address, we may use your postcode and country of residence to ensure that the marketing emails you receive are relevant to your interest.
- to comply with our legal obligations (such as our obligations to maintain an extensive CCTV system for the prevention and detection of crime) we will use any information you have given us where it is necessary for us to use that information to comply with any such legal obligation;
- in order to comply with health, safety or legal obligations and to ensure the proper operation of Extrordinair we will use the personal and incident details captured as a result of any incident;
7 Our legal basis for using your personal information
7.1 We only use your personal information where that is permitted by the laws that protect your privacy rights. We only use personal information where:
- we have your consent (if consent is needed), for example your consent to send you marketing emails;
- we need to use the information to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations (for example, recording footage of your time on the premises using our CCTV system);
- we need to use the information to perform a contract with you (for example, where you have ordered services from us); and/or
- it is fair to use the personal information either in our interests or someone else’s interests, where there is no disadvantage to you – this can include where it is in our interests for appropriate operational reasons, to contact you about products or services, market to you, 7.2 Where we rely on your consent to use your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
7.3 Special protection is given to certain kinds of personal information that is particularly sensitive. This is information about your health status, racial or ethnic origin, political views, religious or similar beliefs, sex life or sexual orientation, genetic or biometric identifiers, trade union membership or criminal convictions or allegations.
We will not collect or use any personal information of this kind under this Privacy Notice.
7.4 Our policy is to only hold and use sensitive personal information if it is relevant to the services we are providing we will take extra care to ensure it is kept secure.
However if you wish to withdraw your consent to our use of sensitive personal information at any time please indicate this to your usual Extrordinair contact. Your contact will then let you know if it is possible for us to continue offering you our services without using this information.
8 Sharing Your Personal Information with Others
8.1 We will share personal information with relevant third parties where:
- you have given us your express consent to do so
- We need to do so for the purposes of making any services which you have requested or purchased available to you for example, airlines who are carrying your goods or overseas agents whom we employ to partner us in any origin/destination countries to facilitate the smooth movement of your consignment.
- It is necessary to allow us to meet or enforce a legal obligation (for example, we may need to share CCTV footage of you with the police or with the Department of Transport in certain circumstances); or
- where it is fair and reasonable for us to do so in the circumstances.
We will only share your personal information with third parties to the extent needed for the purposes of delivering the service provided by us/requested by you.
8.3 Who we share your personal information with depends on the services which you have purchased or ordered (for example, airlines, hauliers, overseas partners).
8.4 We will also share your personal information with our sub-contractors (companies who supply services to us) where it is necessary to do so.
9 Transfers Outside the UK
We may need to transfer your information outside the UK to service providers, agents, subcontractors and regulatory authorities in countries where data protection laws may not provide the same level of protection as those in the European Economic Area (EEA), such as the USA.
10 How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information For?
We will never retain your personal information for any longer than is necessary for the purposes we need to use it for, or to comply with regulations for example all hard copy files are kept securely for 6 years + 1 to comply with HMRC.
11 Keeping You Up To Date
11.1 Where you have given us consent to receive marketing, we may use the contact details which you have provided to us to communicate relevant news and information about our services to you by email, post, and social media.
11.2 You can withdraw consent at any time by e-mailing us.
By using our site, you consent to us processing your data and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.